Friday, May 9, 2008

Virtual Vacation

I admit it: I'm mildly obsessed by the idea of Second Life, the parallel cyber-universe/roleplaying game in which Korean high school students and Silicon Valley junior executives construct detailed worlds in which they can pretend to be Korean college students and Silicon Valley senior executives, respectively.

Now I find I can indulge in a bit of virtual armchair travel, courtesy of the Second Life blog and this review of Second Life In-World Travel Guide.Says the review's author, "The book is 6 inches wide, 9 inches high - it literally looks like any other travel guide for a foreign country I've seen. ... This book has the clearest, most color-true screenshots of Second Life I have seen from the over ten Second Life books I own."

By the way you can visit the author's decidedly Web 1.0 blog at seanpercival.com.--David E

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know getafirstlife.com? One page and worth a click just for the picture of attack by four year old pirates.

Magers and Quinn Booksellers said...

I love their slogan: "Your world. Sorry about that."--David E

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.