Thursday, May 22, 2008

Guilty?



Max Ross, in The Rake's Cracking Spines column, has posted a funny column about the pros and cons of Barnes and Noble. Personally, I think he's a little too charitable to the mega-chain, but what really caught my eye was this portion: "You can sit in a Barnes & Noble for as long as you want, without feeling guilty. (I tend to start feeling guilty after about fifteen minutes in Magers & Quinn if I don't find anything I want.) It's kind of like a library, but with newer, better smelling books."

Why does he feel guilty about being in our store without buying anything? I mean, are we doing something to casual browsers to make them anxious? Too much lurking? Too many offers to help find a title? Please, gentle reader, help us make our store less anxiety-provoking. Post a comment below.--David E

No comments: