Saturday, June 7, 2008

"On paper I love him."


The New York Times profiled David Sedaris, but a good chunk of the article ended up being about his boyfriend Hugh Hamrick. I'm always curious about the folks I read about, so I was glad to see a picture of the pair. (I hadn't imagined that carpet in the Paris apartment of my dreams, however.)

The article also includes the revelation by New Yorker editor David Remnick taht Sedaris' essays are fact-checked as if they were any other piece of reporting. Readers of When You Are Engulfed in Flames will be pleased to know that it is both hilarious and true, I'm sure.--David E

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not a carpet. That photo was taken in 1997 in the couple's NYC apartment on Thompson Street.

Anonymous said...

That's not a carpet. That photo was taken in 1997 in the couple's NYC apartment on Thompson street.