Thursday, January 3, 2008

Bite Me

I'm a sucker for photo books that catalog repeated instances of the same thing. (I honestly believe that the brightest undiscovered gem in our store at the moment has to be Minnesota Ice Arenas, a compendium of stats and pictures of every hockey venue in the North Star State.)

So it was with awe and pleasure that I spent a minute today flipping through a new book in our store: Tucker Shaw's Everything I Ate (a year in the life of my mouth). As you'd guess, it's an obsessive bunch of snapshots of meals and snacks, along with a short description of each one. I may be odd, but I find it a winning little book.

You can browse almost the entire book at Google Books--but oddly page 51 is missing. Figure that one out. I guess you'll have to come in the store to see that. See? Even in the digital age, bookstores rule.--David E

No comments: