Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Any Friend of Tom's...

We're hip. We have a myspace page for the store. If you're already on myspace you can see our events calendar and blog entries there, now.

What does that mean? I'm about the last person who can explain myspace to you, but I'll give it a try. Myspace lets you join social networks, which means you can talk to other myspace-cases, which in turn keeps you updated about what's going on. I don't understand it either, but if you want to enlighten me, you can post a corrective comment to this item.

I gather now it's all about acquiring friends. I'm inviting folks left and right, but the only one to reply thus far is Josh Kilmer-Purcell, author of the hilarious drag-queen dating a crack-addicted hustler memoir I'm Not Myself These Days. Be my friend, get a blurb.--David E

PS: I actually did like the book quite a bit, Josh.

PPS--Since myspace requires that everyone signing up include a gender and a birthdate in their profile, our store is presently a 38-year-old female. I'm not sure if that accurately reflects our vibe. What do you think? What age and gender should Magers & Quinn be? Post your thoughts in the comments section, please.