Thursday, March 8, 2007

Pelham-Grenville, not Parental Guidance


We recently acquired a large collection of vintage PG Wodehouse books. Most of the 175 or so books date from the 1920s and 1930s, but there are also many newer editions. Prices start at $5.99.

PG Wodehouse was a prolific author. ("I know I was writing stories when I was five. I don't know what I did before that . . . just loafed, I suppose.") He's best known for his character Jeeves, unflappable and unfailingly helpful butler to the foppish Bertie Wooster. The Jeeves and Wooster novels and short stories are outwardly simple tales, brimming with farce and satire.

They also include some great epigrams. If you want to burn time online, try this random Wodehouse quote page. Hit refresh for a new quote. You can easily spend hours here, so beware.

No comments: