Saturday, December 1, 2007

Top That

I was reading a review of John MacIntyre's The Montreal Book of Everything because you never know when you might find something interesting in an unlikely place, and sure enough I came across this factoid: 80 per cent of North America's screw-top caps come from a single factory St. Césaire, 60 kilometres east of Montreal.

Now I'm bummed to find out that the book--the ninth in a series of Canadian Books of Everything--isn't available in this country. What else am I missing? Until some brave American distributor takes on this series, I'll just have to make due with MacIntyre's syndicated column Figuratively Speaking.--David E

PS: "Top That" was my second choice for a title for this posting. I'll leave it to you to guess what I'd originally thought to use, though I'll say that the second word was still "that."

No comments: