Saturday, June 2, 2007

Read All About It

The entire script for the brilliant, funny film Withnail and I is available online. If you haven't seen the movie, rent it. The 1987 story of two down and out students is a cult classic, not least for its dialogue. If you've seen the movie, you can now read your favorite bits. Here are two of mine:

I [mentally]: Thirteen million Londoners have to cope with this, and bake beans and allbran and rape, and I'm sitting in this bloody shack and I can't cope with Withnail. I must be out of my mind. I must go home at once and discuss his problems in depth.


and...

Withnail: Look at that, look at that. Accident black spot. These aren't accidents. They're throwing themselves into the road gladly. Throwing themselves into the road to escape all this hideousness.[To a pedestrian] Throw yourselves into the road darling, you haven't got a chance.

No comments: